• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
De's Bowl
Russ Braun

De's Bowl

This is a bowl from a board. I have always wanted to use Bocote and Yellowheart together but avoided it because of the oil content in Bocote; I took the leap. I like the end result; I added the checkerboard on a whim and like the effect. The diameter is 10" and thickness is about 5/32". All comments welcome!
Reactions: Guillaume Fontaine
Those colors work great together.

Why did you have reservations about the oil content of Bocote? Did you think the glue might not adhere?......or, was there some other reason?

Anyway, great color combination......

ooc

I was concerned about the glue sticking and all the little pieces of wood. It was not an issue turning it. I did apply CA glue over all surfaces before finishing? Bocote is one of my all time favorite woods; it has action packed grain!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Russ Braun
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device