• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Groovy Baby
rmuniak

Groovy Baby

Photo: Arlan Heiser
41" x 26" x 2"
Red Oak
In 1983 I built a dining room table and it has passed from my kitchen to my childrens kitchens ever since. Recently no-one wanted it even my newly maried grandson. So i took it apart and put it on my machine and created 4 pieces of art from it. The other 3 will follow as my photographer is working on that as we speak.
I worked at this piece as a whole circle. The rest of it is another piece. They are meant for above a door as an architectual piece. The wood is stripped 2" thick x 2" wide. Very tedious piece to do. As you might know oak can be brittle so had to be very careful as the router left the end grain. Lot of sanding. My photoghrapher wants to know how you like the clothe background...Sorry i haven't posted anything in a long time. I have been creating a lot of my wall pieces (not turned) lately as well as a line of wood jewelry pins. They are posted on website www.muniart.org...Thanks Ray
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
rmuniak
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata