• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Drip
Carol Hall

Drip

My friend, AL Fox, challenged me to paint one of his exquisite segmented turnings. I was inspired by the work of Jackson Pollock, Helen Frankenthaler, Roy Lichtenstein, Chuck Close, and Jeff Koons. In the end, adding a drip and puddle coming from the mouth of the vessel made me giggle. 12" x 12" x 2". Painted with acrylic & airbrush paint and gilders paste.
Thank you , Clifton. I loved making the drip. Well, honestly, I made 4 to get it just right It's removable, so if you're a purest it can be taken off.

is there an overcoat over the paint....what acrylic paint or mixture did u use for the black?

The black on the sides and center is gilders paste, as are the dark blue base and the red lips. It has spray lacquer over top. The colors used to paint all the squares is Chroma Craft Airbrush paint and Golden Fluid Body Acrylics. The whole piece was prepped with Chroma Craft Clear Sealer, which is just an amazing product.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Carol Hall
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename