• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Black Cherry Vase
Randy Anderson

Black Cherry Vase

From a tree my neighbor lost during a storm earlier this year. I gathered up most all of the tree so I have a lot of it to work through. Was a good sized tree, straight, pith very centered and has been extremely stable since cutting down and through the drying process. 18 1/2" x 8". I've made some larger ones as well so hope they all work out as easy to complete as the first ones. Shellac finish.
Thanks Bernie. I've been moving toward larger pieces over the past year with a goal to get some gallery placements.

That piece will ma a great family heirloom. Wood looks to have some nice chatoyance that you captured very nicely in that vase form.

Thanks Karl. Hoping to sell this one at the labor day event at the winery in Somerville. I can make another one for an heirloom :). If you have time come out and see us.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Randy Anderson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device