• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vacuum Chuck Air Filter?

Re: For use with with a Gast 0523

What is a recommended in-line air filter? I already have a working setup, I just haven't put a filter in the line yet.

Website
www.scrollsaws.com
Air filter

I went to the hardware store and bought an in-line gas filter from the lawn mower section. The little clear plastic canister type.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
For the bleed valve, a sintered metal filter like this one is good: Bleed filter. BTW, It is better to use a needle valve rather than something like a ball valve at the bleed air port because you need the ability to "dial in" the desired amount of vacuum. A ball valve does have the ability to fine tune the bleed like a needle valve does.

For the inline filter that goes between the rotary coupler and the rest of the vacuum system, this general purpose air compressor filter does a great job: Inline filter.

Back