• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Using wood bleach on a segmented turning.

I plan on trying to do segmented turning. I have never done any segmented turning and right now gathering information. I am wondering if anyone has used the Zinsser wood bleach on a segmented turning glued with Titebond III. Will it destroy the glue joint? I don’t thing the bleach will go deep enough before gluing, but don’t know for sure.

William, this is Titebond original…segmented, pierced and burned. The missing sections were intentional….still sticking together after a decade and my obvious abuse. Original will wash out of your shirts so only use it for dry conditions. Titebond 3 is more water rated and a little longer working time. If you have questions, PM me…if I can’t answer them, I will find the answer for you!
1714044721680.jpeg

Back