• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Urgent Baseball Bat Help

My normal supplier for 18" trophy baseball bats says he can't meet my order for at least a few weeks. I need to get 40 of the little bats for several baseball teams in our area.

Does anyone have an alternate supplier for these? They need not be finished as I typically paint them and finish them with team colors. I also have them laser engraved with the team name, player name, etc.

If anyone can help me locate a supplier, I'd be gracious.

Thanks,
Jim

Baseball Bat

My normal supplier for 18" trophy baseball bats says he can't meet my order for at least a few weeks. I need to get 40 of the little bats for several baseball teams in our area.

Does anyone have an alternate supplier for these? They need not be finished as I typically paint them and finish them with team colors. I also have them laser engraved with the team name, player name, etc.

If anyone can help me locate a supplier, I'd be gracious.

Thanks,
Jim

See my web site...may help www.dreamwooddesign.biz:D:D

Check out gonebatty he advertizes in AAW mag. G2010 Prices Listed Below
* Prices do not include Shipping or PA Sales tax.

* * For Current Bat Inventory... click here

We offer Team discounts!

NORTHERN WHITE ASH

Standard Regulation Ash Game Bats
2-1/2" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $59.97 each

Ash Softball Bats
2-1/4" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $49.97 each

Ash Youth Bats
2-1/4" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $39.97 each

HARD ROCK MAPLE

Standard Regulation Hard Rock Maple Game Bats
2-1/2" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $89.97 each

Hard Rock Maple Softball Bats
2-1/4" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $69.97 each

Hard Rock Maple Youth Bats

HICKORY

Hickory Game Bats
2-1/2" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $89.97 each

Hickory Softball Bats
2-1/4" dia Barrel, 15/16" handle = $69.97 each

Hickory Youth Bats

Traditional Youth Model

Youth Model 141

Youth Model 76

Mini Collectible Souvenir Bats
18" Ash = $2.97 each
Natural or Black Lacquer Finish

One Hand Training Bats

18" One Hander = $24.97 each Special Order Item
21" One Hander = $27.97 each Special Order Item
24" One Hander = $31.97 each Special Order Item

NEW COLOR CHART

Click here for larger view:

NOTE: I reserve the right to substitute equal or better grade and/or specie of wood based on availability. I am very flexible, and want you the customer to be happy. Above noted dimensions are nominal, Each bat is hand crafted and will vary slightly. Wood is a natural product, and as I strive to make the best bat possible, the fact is that wood bats can break. I do not offer any guarantee or warranty against breakage.

Current finishes available are Clear Lacquer or Black Lacquer. At this time I am offering single dip Clear or Black Lacquer. If you want a higher Gloss for Presentation / Trophy bats (add $2 per bat for double dip).

If you have special requirements, email me directly waltamb@epix.net

ORDER BATS NOW

Walter is my normal supplier. Per his e-mail this morning, he only has Clear Lacquer finished Birch Heartwood mini trophy bats available - and he wasn't sure of how many of those he had. He said his mills were out of Ash timber and couldn't make any of them.

I've been in touch with him for a week or so trying to get this sorted out. Cost is a big concern for me as I do this as a hobby and donate these to my son's Babe Ruth team. This year, I have a T-Ball team and a second Babe Ruth team that would like them. I paint them and I have a friend who does the laser engraving - I've asked the second team to chip in and help pay for the lumber. All in all, it has typically run about 8.75 a bat in years past. This year it looks like it will cost upwards of 12.00 a bat - that is a little much for me to absorb on 40 bats, even with the team chipping in about $100.

Thanks again for those who have replied...if anyone else knows of any suppliers who can come close to Walt's prices, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Thanks,
Jim

Back