• Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Karl Hansen for "Untitled Basket Illusion" being selected as Turning of the Week for October 7, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for October 14th, 2024

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
My choice for TOTW for October 14, 2024 is “Ash hollow form” by Alan Weinberg.

This is a lovely and well-turned form from an interesting piece of wood. The defects add a lot of character and interest to the piece.

Although I chose this piece as the TOTW it is really because I wanted to choose Alan as the Turner of the Week. Being a relatively new turner, and a very prolific one at that, he has made tremendous improvement in a short period of time. He always welcomes any suggestions and/or critiques of his work and tries to incorporate those on his next piece – a key to his success, in my opinion.

And, I like the fact that he is an active participant in the AAW Forum Discussions – not just a Gallery poster. Keep up the good work, Alan.

1728879120588.png

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Congrats Alan! It was really only a matter of time. Like was said, this is a really nice form and interesting wood. Like Tom, I am also impressed by your productivity and rapid improvement. Great choice for TOTW, Tom.

Alan, congratulations on the recognition of not only your wonderful piece, but your dedication and contributions to this art and community of woodturning. I look forward to seeing more of your creations. Jim

Back