• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the week for June 20, 2022

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
For this week's TOTW, I have chosen Mike Gibson's "White Tea".

I'm surprised that one of Mike's turnings hasn't been previously chosen, because it's obvious that he is a perfectionist in everything he does.....and, he does it very well, indeed! Mike apparently chooses a theme, and explores the many possibilities with great enthusiasm. There has been many tea pots before this one.....every one a work of art!

1655573814531.png

More of Mike's works can be explored by viewing his AAW photo album here:

I particularly like his carved and pierced natural leaves.

-----odie-----

Michael is a regular attendee on the Zoom Coffee Hour that John Kelsy moderates every Thursday morning at 10 a.m. If interested, email John (member here) for Zoom invite. Michael shares freely how he creates these stunning works of art.

Mike Gibson

Recognized Professional Artist
Website
www.michaelgibsonwoodturner.homesteadcloud.com
For this week's TOTW, I have chosen Mike Gibson's "White Tea".

I'm surprised that one of Mike's turnings hasn't been previously chosen, because it's obvious that he is a perfectionist in everything he does.....and, he does it very well, indeed! Mike apparently chooses a theme, and explores the many possibilities with great enthusiasm. There has been many tea pots before this one.....every one a work of art!

View attachment 45236

More of Mike's works can be explored by viewing his AAW photo album here:

I particularly like his carved and pierced natural leaves.

-----odie-----
Feeling very honored to have my piece TOTW. Thank you for your kind words Odie, l have had other turnings of the week.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Feeling very honored to have my piece TOTW. Thank you for your kind words Odie, l have had other turnings of the week.

I'm not surprised that you've been chosen before, Mike..... :)

The list that was prepared for the TOTW team doesn't have you on it. It must have been awhile since the last time you were chosen for the TOTW, so it's time for you to be on the new list!

-----odie-----

Back