• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning and bi-focals

KEW

Safety Glasses for $43

I decided to try single vision lens safety glasses adjusted for 20 to 24" for the shop (along with a good progressive lens for my normal glasses).
I've ordered my glasses through Sam's Club and was amazed to find that their safety glasses (Single Vision) go for $10 per lens plus $23 for the frames. They do not publicize this. The frames alone were all erroneously marked as $57.
The least expensive single vision lens they had listed was $90 pair plus another $50 or so for frames...Those magic words "safety glasses" really knock the price down!

Last edited:
Back