• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

The Crafts Report Call for Submissions-WOOD

Good morning all-

My name is Meghan, and I am the asst. editor for The Crafts Report, which was recently acquired by Jones Publishing, Inc. in Iola, WI. The focus for MAY 2007 is WOOD. We are currently short on submissions from our readers regarding this topic, and quickly approaching deadline, so we went off of current reference lists regarding wood artisans, which is how we came to contact your forum.

For those not aware, INSIGHT is a section in the magazine that highlights artists’ ideas for marketing their products/business and the successes they have achieved in doing so. In order to participate in INSIGHT we need a high-quality image of your work-300 dpi and over 3x3 inches in size- along with a 100 word essay telling us where you find the best markets for your work. Please include your phone # and e-mail as well.

If you do not wish to participate, or you are an organization that represents people in the field, PLEASE forward this to anyone you know who might be able to share business insight regarding WOOD with our readers. From the responses we receive, we will be choosing someone to possibly represent our front cover for May and an Online Exclusive. This can only lead to more exposure for your business. Deadline: February 28th. Please e-mail all submissions to meghanr@jonespublishing.com

Thanks so much for your time, and I hope to work with you on this project!

Meghan Reinke

The Crafts Report and Fired Arts & Crafts
Editorial Assistant
Barbie Collector magazine Associate Editor
Jones Publishing Public Relations Coordinator

Jones Publishing, Inc.
P.O. Box 5000
Iola, WI 54945-5000
(800) 331-0038 x147

Back