• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thanks for the Florida resources!

We hit the road for home this morning, leaving Leesburg, FL and slowly meandering back up to Long Island. We visited Amazon Hardwoods and the "Orlando" Woodcraft. I also got an email from a new friend offering me lathe time. Thanks to Dennis Yoder of Clermont, FL for your generous friendship and sharing your lathe and tools. My folks really had a great time. Your shop is wonderful and your doggies are very friendly.

We'll be stopping tomorrow at the John C. Campbell Folk Art School in North Carolina tomorrow for a tour and shopping in the craft shop. Then we are off to Maryland for New Years Eve celebrations and a late holiday gift exchange with my son & grandson.

Dennis Yoder is a great guy and if you didn't go home with one of his tool handles you missed a good opportunity.

Website
www.bowlturner.com
Dennis is listed in the members area. If you are a member you can look it up. It has his email address there.

If not, shoot me an email and I will pass along his email to you.

I would post it here, but I caught Hell one time for posting someones email address on a public forum. :) That was on Rec.crafts woodturning years ago. But I learned my lesson..

Best wishes,
Dave

Back