• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thank you, Andi Wolfe

Website
www.mainebowls.com
I attended two sessions with Andi Wolfe at the Totally Turning Expo in Albany this past October and was excited enough to buy a Burnmaster and three Razertips.

So for a Christmas gift for my adult daughter, also named Andi, I decided to try a small bowl based upon my gleanings from that workshop.

The photo shows the piece covered with feathers. Unfortunately, it's all wrapped now and I neglected to make actual measurements, so the "kiss" will have to help you visualize the dimensions.

It was my third piece using pyro (I'll post #2 later, but NO ONE will see amateurish #1).

Thanks, Andi. Andi will appreciate it.

Attachments

• Christmas 0503.jpg
    Christmas 0503.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Christmas 0507.jpg
    Christmas 0507.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Christmas 0508.jpg
    Christmas 0508.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 176
Website
www.token.crwoodturner.com
I estimate the piece to be about 5 1/2' diameter, based on the kiss.
The infuence can certainly be seen, but the piece has a personal style all your own as well. Your daughter is a lucky girl!

Last edited:
Back