• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hill for "" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 17, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Shopsmith 5/500 EXCELLENT Condition FOR SALE (Member Discount!)

I am selling my Shopsmith 5/500.
The headstock and motor have been completely rebuilt. I have the Shopsmith Bandsaw that has brand new blade and every nut, bolt and part has been removed and cleaned it has new tires new bearings plus three extra blades never opened. Everything is aligned and it runs smooth and quiet. I also have the 4” Shopsmith jointer that has brand new new knives installed. The jointer has been completely disassembled and cleaned then reassembled. There is not a bit of rust on this machine anywhere and there never has been. I have more extras and all the books and then some. This is the cleanest Mark 5 out there. Its has been meticulously taken care of. I am the third owner and I even have the original sales receipts for everyhting. I have repainted the stand with Shopsmith spray paint. I have two brand new cans of paint that goes with the machine. I was selling it for $1,400 bucks. I dropped it to $1,250 bucks. If a member buys it it yours for $1000.00 dollars cash. I need to have surgery on my spine in a big way fast. No iam not kidding. I got run over by a drunk driver in my wheelchair and I got hurt bad. My spine at C3-4 is a wreck. So give me a shout out if you or one of your pals are looking for the best Shopsmith Mark 5 / 500 out there. Mine was born in 1983. Give me a shout. We can work it out. It comes with everything you could amagine. Photos on request becasue I am so tired right now I cant do it. The machine is in Portland Oregon. Yes I can get my wife to drive aways and meet you half way if thats required. I need to sell my machine Thank You Very much for your time. Thom Schuck, Portland Oregon. 97223

Back