• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Shop made lathe sanding table

Good morning,
Could someone point me to a good plan for a shop made lathe mounted sanding table for use with a sanding disk? I would prefer to make one that has an adjustable work surface.
Thanks,
Richard

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
There was an article in one of the woodworking magazines just recently, like maybe last month. Wish I could remember which one. I'm guessing it was Woodwork, Wood working Journal, or Wood but my memory sucks anymore. I'll look in the magazines I keep.

Website
www.jjstephen.com
There was an article in one of the woodworking magazines just recently, like maybe last month. Wish I could remember which one. I'm guessing it was Woodwork, Wood working Journal, or Wood but my memory sucks anymore. I'll look in the magazines I keep.

October, 2011 American Woodturner, page 18. The article includes several good pictures and a pretty fair description of how it was made, but doesn't have plans. I suspect Richard saw the same article, which is what led to his post. :)

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Perhaps you can check with these people and see if they have had plans. I know I built a free standing disc sander from plans in their magazine many many years ago. maybe they've updated it or it could be modified to fit a lathe.
http://www.shopnotes.com/

Back