• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Powered Respirator

Bob

I'm looking into a powered respirator, Airmaster 30, Trend Airshield, etc. Does any one have a reommendation?

Website
www.sawdustbytes.com
Triton Air Helmet

I have been using the Triton since the first of the year and have been pleased with the results since they changed the air hose for a more flexible one. It combines air filtering, head and face protection, and hearing protection for a reasonable price.

I have been using an "Air-Mate 3" by Racal Health and Safety, inc. and I love it. The air over the face plate always seems cool and fresh and the blower on the back is never in the way.

I just ordered a 3M AS-200 powered respirator. I about choked on seeing the price but better to choke on the price than a lungful of fine wood dust. (My wife said I could buy it so neener neener neener!)

Back