• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Paul Tiefel

Greetings, my first woodturning was in middle school but, though I have done a lot of woodworking, I did not get serious about turning until 2003 when I took a class at Woodcraft. At present I have a Laguna 1836, 2 HP lathe but have swaped the banjo for a Oneway which is much better. I have had the good fortune to do hands on classes with a number of professional turners from whom I have learned a great deal. I have a wide interest in projects: multi-axes, spindles and bowls. My largest turning was a segmented 34" diameter x 16" tall base for a 20 ft colonial column (did not do that one on the Laguna). The smallest was the "jug" in the hand of the "Tipsy Snowman" (pic attached). I look forward to learning and sharing in the AAW Forums,

Attachments

• Paul's_Photo.jpg
    Paul's_Photo.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Tipsy_Snowman.jpg
    Tipsy_Snowman.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Tulips.jpg
    Tulips.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 9
  • First_Spider_Box.jpg
    First_Spider_Box.jpg