• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Pat White

Hi, my name is Pat White. I turned my first wood bowl in the 8th grade (1966) and waited 46 years to turn my second. For the last 8 years I have been steadily increasing the time spent in my small shop. Now retired, I have developed a bit more patience and am taking on projects that are more challenging and definitely take more time. I tend towards segmented projects that employ a little mathematics and enjoy designing and building shop-made jigs. It’s great to be part of the forum and looking forward to the inspiration and knowledge I know it will provide.

Items for 2018 AAWb.jpg Slicing Jigb.jpg

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome to the forum. Enjoyed looking at your pieces.

The closest I have come to segmented work is full sized birdhouse that had a stave construction for the body and a ring construction for the roof and base.

Thanks to you both for the kind welcomes. I am glad to be part of the Forum.
Emiliano, I spent a couple of years building houses on the Big Island. I wasn't a turner then, but looking back, I can sure see that Hawaii must be a great place to be a woodturner.

Back