• Congratulations to 2024 AAW Member Exhibition Common Roots forum member finalists (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Karl Hansen for "Untitled Basket Illusion" being selected as Turning of the Week for October 7, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Part for a Sorby Pro-Edge

I recently purchased a used Sorby Pro-Edge but it's missing the part circled in the photo. Does anyone have a machine that can be cannibalized for this part and/or know where I can find one? Sorby does not offer this part by itself. Someone has offered to 3D print me one but I'd still like to find an original to satisfy my OCD. thanks...John

Attachments

• Sorby photo.jpg
    Sorby photo.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Did you try wailing and whining?
Ask to speak to the management?
Offer to sing praises and steer many orders towards Sorby.
Call some dealers instead of the company?
Search ebay?
Contact who you got it from and see if they still have it around?

Just curious, where did you buy the sharpener?

I've seen those but never used one. From the manual it's called an "angle setter".
I'm also solidly OCD but if all else fails, I don't think it would be hard to make one with the right tools.

JKJ

If you can’t find one, maybe you get can get another owner to take a good quality picture of it and make a print? You could then laminate it and stick it on something? I couldn’t find a decent image, only this.

IMG_2237.jpeg

Back