• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

new to turning.

Hi Folks: I am new to the life of woodturning, and this is my first post here at the AAW Forums. I have been reading some of todays threads and have already noted some do's and don'ts. I was wondering if there are any chapters of the AAW in Ontario, Canada. Toronto\Mississauga area?

Thanks for any help you can give me and all the helpful hints i will be getting as I read your posts in the coming days and weeks.

Joe

Hi Folks: I am new to the life of woodturning, and this is my first post here at the AAW Forums. I have been reading some of todays threads and have already noted some do's and don'ts. I was wondering if there are any chapters of the AAW in Ontario, Canada. Toronto\Mississauga area?

Thanks for any help you can give me and all the helpful hints i will be getting as I read your posts in the coming days and weeks.

Joe

Look up Woodchuckers in your local phone book, ask the owner. There is a turning group in the Toronto area and he can give you directions. There is also a large group in Burlington, The Golden Horseshoe Woodturning Guild I believe they are called..

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Hi Joe,

There are 8 or 9 AAW chapters in Ontario.
click on

http://woodturner.org/community/chapters/members.pl?submit=Chapter+List

on the left you will see state/province

click on Ontario. you will see the list of Clubs that meet in Ontario.
along with contact information and phone numbers etc.

These two may be the closest to you.
Golden Horseshoe Woodturners Guild
Woodturners Guild of Ontario

Meeting other woodturners is a great way to learn what is available in your area.

Happy turning,
Al

Thanks for the help.

Thank you all for the help. Especially Hockenbery, for the email.
The Burlington chapter is the closest. So I will Check them out first.
I will check out woodchuckers as well,

Thanks again

Derstalker.

Hi,
I'm with the Golden Horseshoe Woodturners Guild in Burlington.
We meet 2nd & 3rd Thursdays of each month. Website is www.ghwg.ca
Come along and check us out.
If you need directions let me know.
Dave

I'll be there.

Hi,
I'm with the Golden Horseshoe Woodturners Guild in Burlington.
We meet 2nd & 3rd Thursdays of each month. Website is www.ghwg.ca
Come along and check us out.
If you need directions let me know.
Dave

Hi Dave, I have been looking at the web site and will plan to see you guys very soon. Thanks for the post and see you at the Guild

Joe

Back