• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

missing ornament plan

A few years ago I turned some tree ornaments that were shaped like acorns and which had a tiny bird perched on a peg outside of the entrance. I know the magazine with the plan is in my house someplace but I cannot remember which magazine it is. If anyone recognizes the article in question and could pass the info. along to me I would appreciate it

Thanks

Thanks to both of you. Although not precisely the article I had in mind, the information you have provided will be very useful and I am appreciative of your efforts.

coachlou

more thanks

Thank you very much, Journeyman. Your information saved me a great deal of frustration. The article in question is exactly the one I was looking for. I described the ornament to some friends of mine and they seemed to hint that they would like one this Christmas. My home library is in a state of upheaval due to some water in the basement and all my magazines are temporarily stacked in large vertical piles. Your kind reply sent me in the right direction and it wasn't long before I found the plans that I had been looking for. Earlier replies netted some additional useful information that I hope to use this holiday season too. I am continually impressed with the willingness of the members of this forum to come to the assistence of those who request it. Thanks again,

coachlou

birdhouses

Dick Sing also has a good book on making birdhouse ornaments. He covers everything from fixturing to finishing.

Back