• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Miniature Birds for Christmas Tree Ornaments

Website
hfbowern.com
Does anyone have a lead on where you can purchase miniature birds for turned Christmas tree bird ornament houses? I have done a search on Amazon and I can't see any. Is there a hobby store in Canada that sells miniature birds?

Thanks in advance
Harold

Does anyone have a lead on where you can purchase miniature birds for turned Christmas tree bird ornament houses? I have done a search on Amazon and I can't see any. Is there a hobby store in Canada that sells miniature birds?

Thanks in advance
Harold
I have purchased birds at Michaels and then used acrylic paints to make them more realistic. You could also try Amazon or carve your own.

Bernie

Website
hfbowern.com
I had no luck with that either... Then I went and turned a few - it does challenge your spindle turning skills. :) I believe it was Mike Peace on Youtube that led me down that rabbit hole.
Thanks Brian.... you see lots of articles on turning the Christmas tree ornaments, but the bird is another thing. Will give Mike's video a look

They do, or at least as of last week. Just had a couple packages delivered.

The brand is "Mayberry Street" and Amazon carries them as well.
These are not the very small ones used on birdhouse ornaments as they are 1 inch long.

Back