• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Masters At Work Competition

I received a post card in the mail today advertising this 3 day event in Broken Bow OK (Tulsa Suburb).

Google shows many references on Club sites or hotel sites in the upcoming events listings.

Can anyone provide a website or phone number for more information?

John :)

I received a post card in the mail today advertising this 3 day event in Broken Bow OK (Tulsa Suburb).

Google shows many references on Club sites or hotel sites in the upcoming events listings.

Can anyone provide a website or phone number for more information?

John :)

John,
Double check Broken Bow - you are thinking of Broken Arrow, Ok
Broken Bow is in the South East corner of OK. My guesstimate is about 3 hours south of Tulsa. The event you are asking about is held at the Forest Heritage Center and Museum located in Beavers Bend State Park. I googled my fingers off and could not find out much info about the event.
I did find this on the chamber website for Broken Bow:
Masters of Wood Art Exhibit at the Forest Heritage Center 580-494-6497 (Broken Bow)

Yes, I confused Broken Bow in SE OK. with Broken Arrow, a Tulsa suburb.

Thanks for the correction.

Hopefully, someone here will read and be able to post some additional information.

John:)

Hi John,

I found the web site for the Heritage Museum near Broken Bow, OK. On that page is a link to the events which includes the one you are trying to locate. Hope this helps. http://www.beaversbend.com/

Bill

You are welcome John!

Last edited:
Hello John,

The "Masters at Work" woodturning competition is September 12-14, 2008 at the Forest Heritage Center Museum in Beavers Bend Resort Park. We are located 7 miles north of Broken Bow on highway 259.

After an intensive application process that encompassed clubs from Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Kansas, five woodturning clubs have been chosen to compete in a “turn-off†for $2,000 in cash prizes. Participating clubs and designated competitors include Texoma Woodturners: Richard Duval, Mead, OK; Northeastern Oklahoma Woodturners Association: Bill Evans, Bixby, OK; Southeast Oklahoma Woodturners: Marion McDaniel, Dallas, TX; Golden Triangle Woodturners: Gene Colley, Copper Canyon, TX and Central Oklahoma Woodturners Association: Bill Johnson, Norman, OK.

If you would like more information on the competition, please call me at (580) 494-6497

Back