• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Rabea Gebler for "Plum Blossom" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 24, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lowell Fuher

Lowell Fuher is opening the door. I learned to turn back in the 1970s - it seems like a millennia ago. My dad was a locksmith by trade and a woodworker/fisherman by love and desire. He was an incredible wood craftsman and having a fish at the end of his fly line was super thrilling to him. He and his twin brother would stand in the boat for hours, seeing who could out-fish the other. I learned the craft of wood from him, and when I went to shop class in school, I was the head of the class because I already had the skill sets in my bucket. Dad passed just prior to Y2K, and I haven't had the opportunity to turn again until just recently. I just started making the chips fly again about a month ago on my Laguna 1836, and it's all coming back to me. My lovely wife and I are in our third year of retirement and will celebrate 47 years together soon. We are both loving not going to the job.
Happy Trails
Lowell aka "Papa"

Back