• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Live Remote Demo by Mike Peace

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Live remote demos are finally starting to take off. They are a great option for us in Hawaii. Today we hosted Mike Peace. His demo " Basics of spindle turning" was well received. Mike's 3 cameras are well placed, he has a really good internet connection, voice and video were excellent.
I'm doing another remote demo September 10th.
If you are going to SWAT, our mentor and Guru, Alan Zenreich will be there to answer any questions that you might have. I can also help you with your club's set up, how to receive a remote demo, and or a little bit of help with your set up if you are demonstrator trying to do it. Aloha

AlanZ

Resident Techno Geek
Wish that you were coming to help Alan out.
Bill,

Dave Hulett is helping out for my session at SWAT... re recently wrote an article for More Woodturning magazine about remote demonstrations from the receiving club's perspective.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Is there a list of demonstrators that are offering remote demos?
The AAW recently launched the Demonstrators Direct initiative. You can search there. However, I was looking at the 31 turners listed under "Remote demonstrators" and I highly doubt most of them have ever done one. Alan and I can help you with whatever you need, just let us know what you need.

Back