• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

lathe Winner

Maybe I missed it, but I thought a lathe was to be given away sometime in January for those who renewed their AAW membership. Who won it or what happened. Their is still mention of the lathe give aways last year but not this year. To be honest this site aside from the Forum which you don't have to be an AAW member to participate is pretty useless. The infomation is often stale. The AAW which has a paid staff and Director should see this site as the primary means of communication between them an the members.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, let me check.....................

Yep, I was daydreaming again. Looks like it may still be on the way to you Bill. Keep checking (I will too).

Ed

I actually emailed the AAW late last week with this question. And the answer was that the drawing did take place and the winner was notified. The name of the winner will be announced in the spring journal. Not the news I was hoping for but at least now I know and can continue with my pursuit of the big mustard machine.

Tony

Thanks for the "heads up" YoYoSpin. I checked the link. Except for the fact that they spelled my name wrong and sent it to the wrong city they got everything else right and I can't wait for it to arrive. :D
Congrats to you Bruce Bassett.

Back