• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Chad Eames for "Twisted Walnut Vessel"being selected as Turning of the Week for September 2, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Laguna 14BX Bandsaw

I use a piece of orange para cord tied to my tension bar. When I detention the saw I tie the loose end around the blade with a slip knot. No metal dangling around to have to worry about it getting into the blade.

IMG_5988.jpegI use a strip of Mylar taped to the tension release lever. Very lightweight so it flutters in any breeze giving me a good reminder. This particular stuff is sold by the roll for use in the garden to discourage opportunistic feeders.

I have on several occasions started my bandsaw with the tension released. It's immediately obvious from the racket and gets a quick punch of the stop button. Doesn't seem to cause any harm. Unfortunately I also forget to release the tension, and may not use the saw again for weeks.

I have done my research and I have made a decision to buy the Laguna 14BX 14IN Bandsaw. I would have selected the 18IN model but I do not have 3 phase power in my workshop.
Can anyone give me their opinion on the 14BX model?
Thanks,
Matt Fawkner
Surprising.
I have the Grizzly GO636X 17" 5 hp extreme bandsaw and their G1023RLWX 5 hp table saw, and I don't have 3 phase power.

With respect to the blades, I use Wood Slicer blades for resawing KD stock and Timberland blades for milling logs into turning blanks.

Good luck with your new machine.G636X.jpg

Back