• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Karl Stauber

Been turning about 15 years, making furniture about 30. Started because I needed table legs. First lathe I bought for $5 at an auction and paid way too much. I mostly turn bowls with green wood, found locally or sometimes purchased. Currently turning pieces with 100+ year old pine from old textile mills and locally found osage orange. Very different experiences.

Have benefited from taking courses with David Ellwood, Jacque Vesery, Nick Agar, Rudy Lopez and others. I have loved classes at Arrowmont, John C Campbell, and North House. Have been an AAW about 15 years. Have learned much from attending 4 AAW annual conferences.

In the past, turning was my stress relief from a high pressure series of jobs. Recently retired and now trying to find a new rhythm, including turning. We will see.IMG_1785.JPG DSCN0435.JPG

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
I go to Altavista often, and love that area of Virginia. Beautiful area to retire to!

nice bowl too!

Back