• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jimmy Clewes Demo in Atlanta

Website
www.harveymeyer.com
The Georgia Association of Woodturners is sponsoring a full day demonstration by Jimmy Clewes. Those of you who are turners will certainly know who Jimmy is and have probably seen one or more of his videos. GAW extends this invitation to our AAW friends to join us for the day.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 from 9am to 4pm
Redmond and Sons Machinery - in the demo room
900 Great SW Parkway
Atlanta GA 30336

For directions go to: www.redmond-machinery.com/directions.htm

The cost for the entire day is $10 (collected at the door)and that even includes lunch. There's no better bargain in Atlanta!!!
Bring a folding chair for your comfort.

Harvey Meyer
GAW

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
Wish I lived near Atlanta...

because I would definitely be there!

I watched Jimmy's rotation at the Yankee Symposium a couple weekends ago, and he was 'da bomb!!

$10 is a steal!!

Donna Banfield

Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
Super Demonstrator

I first saw Jimmy at OVWG a little less than two years ago. Since then I purchased Jimmy's seven DVD's and watch a segment of them quite often. My turning has definitely improved since OVWG and I readily give credit to Jimmy's DVD's for that improvement. There may have been other factors, but Jimmy's influence accounts for 90% of any improvement.

And it was fun to watch Jimmy turn the oriental box again at the Yankee Symposium. He doesn't just demonstrate - he teaches, and he does it very well.

If you are near Atlanta and you haven't seen Jimmy demonstrate, and your IQ exceeds your shoe size, then you will be at his demo. :D

Normally I would love to be there, and would make the 6 hour drive to see him. Still nursing a broken femur and don't get out of bed much except to use the bathroom. Just don't think I could make the trip that soon but I sure wish I could, I have never heard a bad thing about his demos and for that price it is a steal! Dang! Maybe I'll order one of his DVD's and watch it that day instead?

Back