• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jet JWL-1642EVS Lathe

Please forgive this lengthy post.
I have a JWL-1642EVS Jet lathe that the inverter has gone out on. I have made eleven calls to Jet (JWP) for support. Of the eleven calls I have been successful one time at reaching a representative.
The representative gave me a list of authorized Jet service centers to contact. I contacted each service center but none could repair it so I gave up and purchased a new one. Went to the Jet online store and the inverter was "discontinued" so I was forced to purchase the unit from a secondary supplier.
The inverter requires the parameters to be set so I called Jet. After remaining on hold for over 40 minutes on eight separate occasions and ultimately be cutoff, I gave up.
I left my number several times as suggested by Jet and never received a call back. I submitted several requests via email. I received only one reply informing me that I was in the queue but never received another message.
After calling every Jet Service Center I could find online I reached a shop in Dallas, TX that was willing to help.
It's been over two weeks and they cannot get an answer from Jet.
Any suggestions?
Inverter model # VFD007S11A

Please forgive this lengthy post.
I have a JWL-1642EVS Jet lathe that the inverter has gone out on. I have made eleven calls to Jet (JWP) for support. Of the eleven calls I have been successful one time at reaching a representative.
The representative gave me a list of authorized Jet service centers to contact. I contacted each service center but none could repair it so I gave up and purchased a new one. Went to the Jet online store and the inverter was "discontinued" so I was forced to purchase the unit from a secondary supplier.
The inverter requires the parameters to be set so I called Jet. After remaining on hold for over 40 minutes on eight separate occasions and ultimately be cutoff, I gave up.
I left my number several times as suggested by Jet and never received a call back. I submitted several requests via email. I received only one reply informing me that I was in the queue but never received another message.
After calling every Jet Service Center I could find online I reached a shop in Dallas, TX that was willing to help.
It's been over two weeks and they cannot get an answer from Jet.
Any suggestions?
Inverter model # VFD007S11A
Message me. I just went through this and I got a replacement VFD from delta (updated model). It was like $260 and it turned out great. Lots of setting changes to get everything working. But it works like a champ.

Back