• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Is It Just Me???

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
I have been unable to log into the photo area...
I can log in here, but that sign in doesn't seem to get me logged into the photo page, AND logging into the photo page, USING THE SAME INFO, gets me an "invalid" message.
Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to make it stop?
Thanks
George

just you?

so far i have had not trouble login on, it does log me out occasionally on the gattery :D

In the last day or so I have several times when I tried to log on and get a "page not found/DNS error", which I don't remember having before with the AAW web site. Other times it's fine. Since I am laid up for a while I probably log on 4-6 times per day instead of once every day or two before, so that may be the only reason I am getting it now. Just logging on more often so likely to get more DNS errors?

Upgrade?

Steve,
Is it possible to make it "better" without making it slower? The speed is good enough right now, even out here in "old, slow computer and real slow dial-up land", but I have abandoned another forum since their recent "upgrade". Just can't stay up all night to read the posts. This is not an attack, or criticism of any kind. Am just asking.

Website
www.woodturningvideosplus.com
I've had the same problems...

Hello George,

I have also had quite a bit of trouble getting logged on and getting into the photo gallery. I chalked it up to server overload, or electronic hiccups. I surf on a Mac most of the time and sometimes this creates difficulties with various websites. Hopefully the software upgrade Steve mentioned will solve the challenges some of us have been experiencing on occasion. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Steve Worcester said:
We are planning to upgrade all of the software in the next 30-60 days, if it is any consolation.

Steve, this is still my favorite website for turning info. If the problem is overloading isn't that a wonderful problem to have! It is a compliment to you and AAW team that puts together the website, keep up the good work!

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
The problem with speed (if there is one) is on the backend at the host. We have upgraded servers a few months ago and got some of the speed issues fixed. The issue we have now is that somehow the registration databases don't sync, so you have to login to the photo and forums seperately. And we can't do much administration on the photo end. I am having talks with the software people, the AAW has approved the funds, just have to figure out the process now.

Back