• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

In Honor of Earth Day

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
"Rocky Road Ahead"

I thought this would be an appropriate posting for Earth Day.

Whether you believe that the earth’s warming is temporary or a real danger, it’s pretty hard to ignore the changes due to the “greenhouse effect†– “the rapid retreat of glaciers in Greenland, Alaska, the Himalayas, the Antarctic Peninsula, and on high tropical mountains; the thinning and disappearance of sea ice in the Arctic Ocean during summer; the melting of permafrost in Canada, Alaska, and Siberia; and the rise of sea level and an increase in extreme weather.†(Larry O'Hanlon for the Discovery Channel)

19.5†tall, curly maple and many others, finished with General Finishes Professional Satin

Attachments

• rocky road ahead low res.jpg
    rocky road ahead low res.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 205
I love it. It's great to see environmentalism even here on AAW. I chose not to use any tropical woods for environmental reasons some time ago, and its good to know that i am not the only one that feels something needs to be done in this world out of responsibility.

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
As usual, your work makes me smile. At least in part because of how your mind and heart seem to operate.
The melting of the polar ice caps does indeed create a "Rocky Road."
Thank you for asking us all to take a moment and consider the planet that provides the wood with which we play.

Wowwww! Exceeds my wildest expectations when I clicked the list of posts. Excellent concept, and as usual superbly rendered.

Joe

Back