• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Headed to Snow Farm

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
In a couple of days I pack the truck and a bunch on my equipment and head to Snow Farm, the New England Craft Center. I'll be teaching a week-long workshop - Turn, Burn and Color. This will essentially be teaching students how I created my body of work, Illusions in Wood.

Located in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, the fall colors will be still in bloom, and I will be on a fantastic vacation! For 6 days, someone will be cooking every meal for me (and the food is fabulous), I don't have to clean up or wash the dishes, no laundry or dogs (although I will miss them in the studio). I get to do what I love - to teach turning and surface embellishment to some very eager students.

While I'm gone, Dave gets to relive his days as a single guy, eating pepperoni bagels for breakfast, chips and cheese nachos for lunch and buttered popcorn for dinner. It's a win-win for both of us ;-)

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Ah yes, the faint memories of long gone single days ... warm beer and cold pizza for breakfast. :D Maybe the good old single days weren't so good after all. :)

Sounds like you are in store for a lot of fun, and ol' Dave will survive by relying on his primordial instincts along with the aid of Pizza Hut and appreciate you even more after the freedom of reliving the good old days.

Donna, never been to Snow Farm but I love going to Arrowmont for all the same reasons. Sounds like one of those places where you couldn't have a bad time if you wanted to. Have fun, maybe some pics?
Bill, you reminded me of one of my Dads sayings, "Things aren't as good as they used to be, and probably never were." Probably not original, but one I grew up with.
cc

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Donna, never been to Snow Farm but I love going to Arrowmont for all the same reasons. Sounds like one of those places where you couldn't have a bad time if you wanted to. Have fun, maybe some pics?
Bill, you reminded me of one of my Dads sayings, "Things aren't as good as they used to be, and probably never were." Probably not original, but one I grew up with.
cc

That saying goes well with "the future ain't what it used to be" and "the good old days are better now than they were back then". :D

In a couple of days I pack the truck and a bunch on my equipment and head to Snow Farm, the New England Craft Center. I'll be teaching a week-long workshop - Turn, Burn and Color. This will essentially be teaching students how I created my body of work, Illusions in Wood.

Located in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, the fall colors will be still in bloom, and I will be on a fantastic vacation! For 6 days, someone will be cooking every meal for me (and the food is fabulous), I don't have to clean up or wash the dishes, no laundry or dogs (although I will miss them in the studio). I get to do what I love - to teach turning and surface embellishment to some very eager students.

While I'm gone, Dave gets to relive his days as a single guy, eating pepperoni bagels for breakfast, chips and cheese nachos for lunch and buttered popcorn for dinner. It's a win-win for both of us ;-)

That's GREAT. Especially the part about teaching to eager students, and that must be especially better without the hassles of cooking and cleaning up chores.

Back