• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gift Boxes

I've turned a couple of Magnifying Glass/Letter Opener/Pen sets and am lookig for a gift box that will hold them.

I only need about 10 boxes -- does anyone have a source for low quantities gift boxes?

The boxes at Craft Supply only hold the letter opener and writing instruments...

TIA..

Last edited:

jjb

You might want to check some card shops. In the Cleveland area we have a couple of stores called "The Paper Place" that sells discounted greeting cards, party supplies (napkins, paper plates,table clothes, etc.) and also any size gift box you can imagine. I haven't bought anything there in a couple of years now but boxes like you are looking for used to sell for less than fifty cents.

John

KEW

Are you looking for a custom-fit box (which might be used to keep the objects in) or simply a nice presentation for the initial gift?
If the latter, HallMark has an impressive array of gift bags, tins, and boxes.
I found some nice pouches at Michaels which I used for magnifyingh glasses last year. I believe they were intended for weddings.

Website
www.torne-lignum.com
Try Uline.com They ship fast and prices are OK. You may need to buy a min qty but its ussually a reasonable amount.
Frank

Hi Frank,

I'm looking for bags for my ss stoppers, for selling at shows. Would this be the best place to buy them? I've done google searches and my head spins between size/quantity/price so I'll just ask your opinion. :)

Ruth

I use the 4.5 X 5.5 velvet drawstring gift bag. Min. order qty is 100 and is only $25 for the bundle. Quality is OK, there will be a couple rejects in the batch but what the heck they are only a quarter. Go to Uline search for velvet bag.

From Uline I bought several boxes for specific items that are hard to pack, ship or wrap such as Christmas ornaments.

Frank

Back