• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Getting Stale?

Ever feel like you're turning the same old thing over and over? This morning's offerings, cut in part to clear the workbench for the table I have to build. Or so I alibied. At least I'm not getting too stale.

L to R - black ash dish on legs, walnut/cedar ornament and a cherry sapwood bowl turned from a lump on a piece of firewood. Top and bottom, with a sideways on the legs. Think they'll get wipe-on poly. After I get the workbench cleared, of course. Couple other pieces of circular stuff on it.

Apologies for the last, but I'm "proofing" the house this afternoon so she can stay here while mom and dad go to a Christmas party. Just bragging.

Attachments

• Thursday-Morning-Trio.jpg
    Thursday-Morning-Trio.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Trio-Bottoms.jpg
    Trio-Bottoms.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Side-Dish.jpg
    Side-Dish.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Lil-with-Barker.jpg
    Lil-with-Barker.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 220

Max Taylor

In Memoriam
getting stale

Hey, Michael, what is that strange looking surface you have your projects laying on?Seems that I have seen one of those in my shop. Yep, groove and all. The red thingy looks familiar too. Just kidding, nice projects. Max

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
The turnings are OK, but...

That Grandbaby is too cute to leave. LUCKY Grandpa!
That is one CUTE kid!!

Hate to say it non tablesaw-using folks, but by day after tomorrow the lathe will be used as a place to set the legs and rails for the table as I machine them. Yes, the table's for Lil. Designed to hold two mats for LEGO/Duplo blocks. My shop's pretty small, and when a machine isn't doing its primary task, it has to serve in a secondary capacity.

Not planning on turned legs, since the daughter favors square.

Daughter just called. I pick the baby up at the gas station on the highway in 24 minutes.

Back