• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

G0698 Back on Grizzly's website

Another poster on SMC posted today that the G0698 18/47 lathe is back on Grizzly's website........I went to it and yes it is there.

I guess they got the circuit board issue corrected with Toshiba, and evidently they are ready to start selling it again, or else I don't think the temporary discontinuance would have been lifted.

I know that tech support assured me they were going to stand by this unit with service and support 100%.

My G0698 has been superb so far, and has been used a lot with zero problems. I have had it for approx. 18 months..........it is a full sized, full featured lathe that has 2 hp, reversing, VFD speed control and has other features that are like the Jet 16/42 [toolrest and banjo]

I believe there to be a manufacturing connection somewhere as many parts on the Jet are the same parts on the G0698 from what I can tell.

Just thought some would like to know that the G0698 is available again.

Back