• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

dust collection for 14" Jet band saw

I want to collect the fine sawdust before it drops into the lower part of the bandsaw. When I cut a number of bowl blanks, the lower wheel area fills with fine sawdust. Do those of you who own the Jet bandsaw have a shop made dust collector that efficiently collects sawdust under the table? To paraphrase Robo Hippy: my bandsaw does not suck.

Obviously a different bandsaw but it might give you some ideas!

I found this years ago on a forum and it has worked pretty well on my 14” Delta Clone Cast Iron bandsaw. I only have a 1 HP Dust Collector and on dry wood is excellent, wet wood some gets by. This is 4” PVC Sewer Pipe, couple of pieces with a length of a coffee can inside as a union. A piece of 14G electrical wire on top goes into a hole through both to secure. Lower piece is fastened to 4” flex hose to the dust collector. It is fastened to the lower shroud with a piece of 2x4 grooved to fasten the PVC pipe to it.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 42
Back