• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Decision time 8 June

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
The 2014 Symposium will be terrific.
Registration goes up after June 8
Southwest has great deals in airfare
The schedules are on the AAW web site
If you have a young turner in your life give them an experience they will never forget
Help in the youth room and gain ideas for teaching
Attend a Panel and share your ideas
If you are a newer turner don't be intimidated! There are many demonstrations you will learn from.
The symposium is like an idea tree for you to pick.
Bring a turning to empty bowls or beads of courage

If you are on a tight budget carpooling and a little research might surprise you.
For example from Atlanta to Tampa and sharing a motel room 10 miles away ran about $135 without food.

Hope to see you there!

Al

Website
www.dickgerard.com
decision time

Last I looked (yesterday) Southwest had zero flights from Indianapolkis to Phoenix that were less than 500/person. That does not sound like a great deal to me. Is there some trick to getting a better airfare? I really like Southwest, but not at 500 per.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Last I looked (yesterday) Southwest had zero flights from Indianapolkis to Phoenix that were less than 500/person. That does not sound like a great deal to me. Is there some trick to getting a better airfare? I really like Southwest, but not at 500 per.

Dick,
I looked at the SWA they say flights at $160. I clicked lowest cost per day for June.
But then I looked at June and they have some $160 flight up until just before the Symposium then they jump to $170 on Wednesday and $201 on Thursday..
Looks like $402 round trip but did not check the departure times.

Good luck
Al

Back