• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dan Lambert

I've been doing woodworking for a while, and have owned a couple of lathes in the past, and still have one that I use occasionally.

I've not done a lot of turning, but have enjoyed it each time I've done a project. I'm more of a furniture maker, and have used my lathes to turn spindles and such, more for repair or replacement pieces than anything.

I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about lathes and turning from this group.

I know the way this works. It's like anything woodworking...

You start out with a little project that you want to see if you can build, and the next thing you know, you have a shop full of tools and more projects than you can accomplish. The odd thing is that you are looking for more tools and more projects all the while!

I'm familiar with the addiction. "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" From the vast wisdom of the prophet Pogo.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome.
Many of us began working with wood in the flat work world.

a good friend of mine tells the story that the first thing he made from wood was a boat the took 10 years. The second a dining room table that took 10 months. The he discovered bowl that he could make in couple of hours....

Back