• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Contests.... just wondering

Didn't we use to have little contests every once and a while on this web site..... Those kind of things are inspirational and fun, does any one else miss them... Is that coming back any time?..... just wondering

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Bob Anybody could set up a contest, with or without a prize. Just decide on a topic, find a judge, find a prize if you want to offer one and you have a contest.
Judging is difficult and you will never please everyone. After all it's just one person's opinion or maybe a few people if you have more than one judge.
Prizes are nice but you don't really need one. Everyone likes to have their piece be noted as a winner. Lets face it we all have at least a little ego and this really helps it out.
Anybody volunteering. I'm going on several trips so will be somewhat out of touch for the next month so it's out for me at least in the near future.

I'm in if anyone puts on a contest, just won one today actually.

Back