• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

clicking on photos

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
When I open a photo someone posts in the forum the only way I can get out of it is to click on back and that puts me back to the home page rather than back to the post. Can someone tell me how to just get back to the post. thanks.

Hey John,

Which browser are you using? On my end, clicking anywhere outside the picture frame makes it close. I don't see an x button to close it.

Newberg, OR: 20mi SW of Portland: AAW #21058
When I open a photo someone posts in the forum the only way I can get out of it is to click on back and that puts me back to the home page rather than back to the post. Can someone tell me how to just get back to the post. thanks.

On my end, clicking anywhere outside the picture frame makes it close. I don't see an x button to close it.

Pssst — don’t let anyone else know… There is an invisible X in the upper very far right of the photo popup just above the word “location” in the “Show in original location" link. To the immediate left of the invisble X there is an invisible “open in new window” link just above the end of the word “original”. (You can also do as Fadi said and click outside the frame to close it.) Open the attached file to “see” the invisibles — which are probably just white symbols on a white background.

Attachments

• 6x13 Rockwell planer1.jpg
    6x13 Rockwell planer1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Owen, I'm not going to tell anyone either, but I found the invisibles.

It must be a conspiracy.

Well, to go along with invisible X's and such, there are some invisible posts in my "What's with Delta" thread. John, your post is invisible (I know I saw it, I just know it!).o_O

Back