• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Charles Hargenrader

I am new to the forum but not new to turning. In 2001 we moved to the Great State of Maine.. That's where I started turning. I picked up a lot of experience from the Maine wood turners club that met at
Erskine Academy South China Maine. meet a great bunch of turners, all very helpful. After a few years of driving to the meetings (on winter roads) a few of us that lived in the Western Mountains got together and formed The Western Mountain Turners meeting at a school in Dixfield Maine. I got involved in selling my work in several art galleries while living in Maine, working in the 302 Gallery in Bridgeton as well as Boothbay Harbor. I now live in Elmira NY (not a real friendly place for the arts) and travel to the meetings at the Endless Mountain Woodturners club. I still turn but not as much as I used to. Every once in a while I do juried art shows but tend to stay away from the art & craft shows. Last year I decided to center in on turning urns for ashes. pet urns & urns for human cremains. I sell them on etsy.com I'm not getting rich by any means but it beats paying a 50% commission to art gallery's.

IMG_4150.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Have you contacted local funeral homes about the urns?
I looked into a craft show at a noted tourist destination in GA. 10x10 booth was $350 plus all my expenses for the show, Friday to Sunday afternoon.

Back