• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Care about the future of AAW? - Vote

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Your vote is especially important this year.

With six exceptionally strong candidates, I expect a very close vote.
Your vote will make a difference!

Carefully consider the candidate statements -
American Woodturner, Fall 2007, Pages 6, 7, and 8.

Cast your ballot! Encourage your friends and club members to vote.
Vote using the online system of paper ballot see page 7.

Candidates for the 2008 AAW Board

Cory Anderson
Temple Blackwood
Tony Cortese
Bill Haskell
Malcolm Tibbetts
Tom Wirsing

Happy Turning,

AAW Nominating committee
Mike Mahoney
Bob Rosand
Al Hockenbery

Your vote is especially important this year.

With six exceptionally strong candidates, I expect a very close vote.
Your vote will make a difference!

Carefully consider the candidate statements -
American Woodturner, Fall 2007, Pages 6, 7, and 8.

Hock,

I'll probably get fried for this but here goes. As mentioned, the slate is full of great sounding candidates. With that in mind, not knowing any of the nominees personally, I will once again try to balance my vote geographically. An attempt will be made to choose the best candidate from diverse regions. I feel that gives us a less parochial leadership grouping, with less chance of skewing decisions to benefit a particular group of turners or section of the country.

I'll be voting if I ever get the magazine so I can read about the candidates. Maybe someone could post thier Bios on the site?

GA Darling

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Hi Jake,

I agree with you that a balanced perspective is important for a board.
Too many like minded people is bad thing unless they happen to be right because they will always think they are right.

Geography is one component of achieving balance. I encourage you to read each of the candidates' write ups and look for other measures of diversity.
About 6 years years ago over half the board lived within 250 miles of each other and I thought they did a fine job in a difficult time. They had fairly diverse backgrounds.

All the journals should be arriving soon. I have not yet received my member copy. Carl Voss our editor send me an advanced copy.

-Al

Last edited:
Back