• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Breathing Easier

Got a circular in the mail and started to throw it away when I noticed the outfit had the JDS Air-Tech 2000 750-ER air cleaner on sale. Checked other prices out and around and it appears these guys beat Amazon by $100!

Ordered a unit for $289 + shipping ($302.50 delivered) and it arrived next day.

I'll be canning one of my old box fan/filter set-ups.

In case anyone's interested, the "deal" is available at

http://www.wilkemach.com/Wilke/index.html

Guy I spoke with in their sales dept was named "Steve."

Usual disclaimers (although I did buy my Performax 22-44 Pro from them some years ago)

mm

PS: Just informed that their website lists the price as $319. Think a call to them (800 # listed on website) during business hours (Eastern time) might be worthwhile as to "what happened to the $289 in your add."

m

Last edited:
Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Hi Mark!

I have the predecessor unit to the current JDS 750, and I 'm sure you will get good service out of this unit. Wood Mag. recently did a review of shop air filters, and this unit was their top performer, particularly if used with a dust collector system. Having this filter in the shop does not eliminate my use of a Trend Air Shield when sanding, particularly for large diameter bowls that throw a lot of sanding dust. The air filter will catch some of the dust that escapes your dust collector's air flow, but not before your lungs have a chance to grab their fair share of particles before the filter gets it - keep wearing Personal Protection Equipment!

See you at AAW in Portland next year (....for AT LEAST one beer!!) ....I'll assume you won't be very dusty at that time!

Rob Wallace
( ... a former NJ boy....)

Back