• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Been a while

Been a while since I was here last. We had a move from W.Tx. back to E.Tx. Bad knees got me to quit the oilfield and basically decided to retire. We bought a new house about a year and a half ago. Had a metal shop put up and then I had to wire it and now working on slowly insulating and framing it on inside. I at least built some work benches and got my tools setup. Got into turning a little bit by trying to make some duck calls. Hopefully looking forward to getting more active in the shop this summer. Just added some pics of whats been going on.
20221129_120425.jpg
20221129_135203.jpg20240417_161545.jpg
20231005_194151.jpg

Looks like a fun play room! I have had both hips and one knee replaced, and am not a member of the titanium club. I can walk upright again. Do get some rubber mats for your work stations! Have fun!

robo hippy

Looks like a fun play room! I have had both hips and one knee replaced, and am not a member of the titanium club. I can walk upright again. Do get some rubber mats for your work stations! Have fun!

robo hippy
I hear ya. I already have those 4'x6'x 1" mats. Just put one in front of my lathe the other day. Lol

At least we see you have been busy. Nice looking shop
Thank you! Quite the chore on the walls. The tubing is 2 1/4". I'm having to frame with 2x3's and have to cut down 2x4 brackets to mount then in order to be flush with the tubing. Lol

Back