• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hill for "" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 17, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Art Chamberlin

Hi everyone.
I started turning close to 20 years ago. My father in law had an old Sears belt drive lathe in his barn, and I figured out how to use it with a cheap old set of tools. Eventually he “donated” the lathe to me and I got to spend more time with it. I eventually graduated to a Nova and set up a shop in my large shed. Let’s just say it’s 110 degrees in the shop today so I find it difficult to work out there all year. I am 100% self taught. I’ve viewed an occasional video, but mostly figure stuff out for myself. I don’t always use the “proper” tool, but it works. After years of giving stuff away, I finally started selling my work about six years ago, mostly on Etsy. Then this year after retiring for medical reasons, I finally decided to go out and do shows. I’ve submitted for three this Fall and more early next year. I’m focusing on Art shows instead of craft shows for some reason (probably my ego 😆). I am now focusing on more artistic pieces, which I find takes a little more patience and time. I love it. And I must say, I finally joined AAW and Central Florida Woodturners to maybe learn how to do things better, wiser, and safer. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9037.jpeg
    IMG_9037.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8848.jpeg
    IMG_8848.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 19
Back