• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anyone familiar with Oneway 1018 lathe?

Ballard (Seattle) WA and Volcano, Hawaii....on top
Aloha everyone,

I have a friend on the mainland who is looking at a Oneyway 1018 lathe. Apparently that is an older model, with a 10 inch swing and 18 inch bed.

Anyone have experience with that? The owner is asking $500 for it. Not sure of the age.

Thanks!

Dave

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Jump on it. $500 is a good price unless it's beat to hell. We had one in our club several years ago and I throroghly enjoyed turning on it. It is a mini lathe of sort but it runs like a bigger lathe. Oneway lathes are considered on of the top lathes on the market.

I had one for 4 years before upgrading to a larger lathe. My 1018 was a 1 hp 220V model manufactured in 2000. (There should be a name plate with serial number and manufacture date on the stand).
They are a rock solid machine with all the features of a larger lathe. $500 is a real bargain!
For a few dollars less he could buy a new mini lathe, but he would be way ahead with the 1018.

Last edited:
Back