• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW offices open tomorrow?

Well as usual I've left it til too late.. :eek:

Hoping the offices are open in the AM so I can re-up.

Weird thing is, even though they had trouble last year with the membership log-in, I had no trouble creating an account and logging in.

This year even though I've been a member two years, and have my membership number and email address (as listed in the directory) I can't log in, and can't get an email sent to me via the "I forgot my password" function. I just have to call the offices...
What's up with that?:confused:

If at first you don't succeed ---

Jim,
Maybe try again later, and/or tomorrow? Had similar problem yesterday. They emailed my number and secret "garble". We (the computers and I) certainly created the illusion that my membership has been renewed. Hope it was real.

Geh...

I looked at the directory again and they have the email address wrong.

So I doubt it's going to work unless the office straightens it out.

Maybe I should just sign up as a totally new member?:D

Similar problem here. I can access the "news and member account" part but my logon on does not work for the renewal part. [Repeated attempts including closing browser, deleting cookies etc] Will telephone later today to renew unless the webmaster can fix the renewal part.

I plugged in the address as listed in the directory, and it "sent" the password to that address. Obviously it's going to bounce. So I just faxed my app in today since I missed the postmark deadline at 2:00 today.:eek:

Hope that works!

Jim, understand your frustration. That's why I find it easier just to send a check every two years. No stress, no strain. I'm paid up through 2008, so sometime this year I'll send another check and make chips and shavings galore through 2010 with no deadlines except the Man Upstairs!:D

Back