• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

403 Error

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Has anybody else encountered Error 403 When posting an image to the Gallery, I encountered it several times this evening after clicking the submit button. Despite the error message the image posted without any problems.

Basically, the error means that the client (my browser) is wanting some forbidden resource. In this case it seems like a software error somewhere in PhotoPost or vBulletin. I would be interested in finding out if others are encountering the same issue.

Here is an excerpt from a description of the error code:
The web server thinks vthat the HTTP data stream sent by the client was correct, but access to the resource identified by the URL is forbidden for some reason. This indicates a fundamental access problem, which may be difficult to resolve because the HTTP protocol allows the Web server to give this response without providing any reason at all. So the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by the Web server - with no further discussion allowed.

Last edited:
Back