• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Chad Eames for "Twisted Walnut Vessel"being selected as Turning of the Week for September 2, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2026 aaw symposium.

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
I knew that the northeast had a lot of Woodturners, but had no idea HOW many. While we have a lot of turners, it’s too expensive. So, as much as I would love the AAW Symposium to come back closer to me in the northeast, I doubt it ever will. Boston is simply too expensive, hard to get around in a vehicle, and while they have great tourist attractions and restaurants, food and parking is pricey.

When Dave and I moved to NH in 1984, we had friends and family members come to visit. There was always the obligatory visit into Boston. They often offered to pay for the lunch or dinner, and we almost always replied, “No, you cover the parking garage and we’ll cover the meal.” It was usually a break even split unless there were more than 4 people and a really high end restaurant. The AAW Symposium was in Providence, RI in 2003, and Hartford, CT in 2010. The closest the AAW came back to this area was Pittsburg in 2014.😔

I knew that the northeast had a lot of Woodturners, but had no idea HOW many. While we have a lot of turners, it’s too expensive. So, as much as I would love the AAW Symposium to come back closer to me in the northeast, I doubt it ever will. Boston is simply too expensive, hard to get around in a vehicle, and while they have great tourist attractions and restaurants, food and parking is pricey.

When Dave and I moved to NH in 1984, we had friends and family members come to visit. There was always the obligatory visit into Boston. They often offered to pay for the lunch or dinner, and we almost always replied, “No, you cover the parking garage and we’ll cover the meal.” It was usually a break even split unless there were more than 4 people and a really high end restaurant. The AAW Symposium was in Providence, RI in 2003, and Hartford, CT in 2010. The closest the AAW came back to this area was Pittsburg in 2014.😔
Let's bring it to Manchester NH. It would give you an easy commute!

Dave Landers

Beta Tester
Website
dlwoodturning.com
It's a tough job- your elected board works hard to get sites that work well.
Rather than "voting" for locations here own this member-run forum, your best bet is to volunteer to join the symposium committee.

As I have neither the time nor experience in large-event venues, I haven't volunteered. Therefore I have chosen to put my faith in the committee to choose sites that are best for the AAW and its members.

just my 0.02 USD

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Rather than "voting" for locations here own this member-run forum, your best bet is to volunteer to join the symposium committee.

As I have neither the time nor experience in large-event venues, I haven't volunteered. Therefore I have chosen to put my faith in the committee to choose sites that are best for the AAW and its members.

just my 0.02 USD
I did that for 15 years. I agree and put my faith in the comittee for the past 3 years

Back